View more events in
Walkers, outdoor enthusiasts, runners and ramblers – WE NEED YOU!
Run, wheel or Walk 8 miles of the 2017 Belfast City Marathon on Bank Holiday Monday 1st May
Mencap is the official charity Partner of the 2017 Belfast City Marathon and is seeking 8 mile walkers and relay team runners of 2 to 5 employees to run short sections of the marathon whilst fundraising for Mencap.
Interested teams which can include ramblers, cyclists, endurance walkers, sports teams, athletic and cross country teams across Greater Belfast and the rest of Northern Ireland are welcome to register their teams!
We are also seeking high performance athletes and professional marathon runners too. Fundraise for us and #StepUp4Mencap! Dame Mary Peters is walking the 8 mile walk for Mencap NI this year…. Walk with Mary in May!
• We are also running weekly competitions to win ASICS sportswear and running trainers.
• Visit Mencap’s facebook page /MencapNI. It’s very simple to enter – just reply to a simple question and post up your answer!
• To register for the marathon visit www.mencapbigstepforward.org for full details.
• Deadline for signing up is 14th April and you will all receive a much coveted running vest!
• You can download more materials on our website
Endurance running shoes, marathon gear and change of clothes if required. Please ensure that you have commenced endurance training beforehand!