This blog has been set up by OutdoorNI.com in order to give a voice to Northern Ireland’s outdoor activity community. Therefore the views expressed in this blog do not relate to OutdoorNI.com directly but to the individuals using the blog. Please use this as an arena to exchange ideas and maintain a dialogue.
We ask all users of this blog to;
- Identify yourself and write in the first person. You must make it clear that you are speaking for yourself and not on behalf of anyone else.
- Try to add value. Provide worthwhile information and perspective.
- Respect copyright, fair use and financial disclosure laws.
- Use the blog only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use of the blog by any third party.
- Not upload, post, transmit or distribute any material or information in which the user does not own the intellectual property rights, or any material which is in any way unlawful or which is potentially harmful, threatening, abusive, libelous, pornographic or otherwise obscene, or racially or ethnically or otherwise objectionable; not upload, post, transmit or distribute any material or information which contains a computer virus, or other code, files or programs intended or having for effect to disrupt or otherwise adversely affect the operation of the blog or of other users’ computer systems. The blog authors shall be entitled to remove any material or restrict or terminate your access to the blog in the event that any of the above warranties are breached.
OutdoorNI’s Blog Code of Ethics
We ask all participants of this blog to please adhere to the below statements.
- I will tell the truth.
- I will write deliberately and with accuracy.
- I will acknowledge and correct mistakes promptly.
- I will preserve the original post, using notations to show where I have made changes so as to maintain the integrity of my publishing.
- I will never delete a post.
- I will not delete comments unless they are spam or off-topic.
- I will reply to emails and comments when appropriate, and do so promptly.
- I will strive for high quality with every post – including basic spellchecking.
- I will stay on topic.
- I will disagree with other opinions respectfully.
- I will link to online references and original source materials directly.
- I will disclose conflicts of interest.
- I will keep private issues and topics private, since discussing private issues would jeopardize my personal and work relationships.