Mech MonkeyChris SidwellsKelly Hargie
read more about the authors
Blog ethics

Bed, Breakfast and Bike

Posted on July 27, 2010 @ 1:53 PM in Cycling

Northern Ireland has some fantastic places to stay, from which you can hire a bike and base yourself from for a scenic cycling experience in Northern Ireland....Here are a few options which i have thought of...

• Castle Ward Estate, Co.Down - hire a bike at Clearsky Adventure Centre and cycle around the stunning estate or along the amazing long distance Strangford Lough Cycle Trail.
  • Dunhill Cottage, Hillsborough - this B&B offer bikes for hire, from here you can take the opportunity to cycle around Hillsborough Forest or join the Belfast to Ballyshannon cycle route at Lisburn.
  • Share Centre, Fermanagh - whether you are undertaking a number of short cycling routes or riding along the Kingfisher Trail, the first long distance trail in Northern Ireland named for its abundance in wildlife, Share Holiday Village provides everything you need to make the most of your stay.

For more information on cycling holidays in Northern Ireland please click here

Beverley Magowan
Beverley Magowan  Senior Marketing Officer

Beverley used to be a keen horse rider but since joining a local cycle club in 2013 she has developed a passion for 2 wheels instead of 4 hoofs! Meaning she can often be found on a bike exploring the roads across the country!

7 comments have been posted in reply to this article

Posted by Pedals Cycling on August 2, 2010 @ 8:10 AM

I like Share the most, reviewing the link sharevillage.org you mentioned I really like and will plan my next vacation to be there with my bike and if it's ok I can share my cycling photos from there :)

Posted by Beverley on August 2, 2010 @ 8:55 AM

Hi,

The kingfisher trail is close to the Share Centre, you can buy a map of the route from - www.sustransshop.co.uk/products/5071-ncn-kingfisher-trail.

I hope you enjoy your time in NI and yes please do send us on any images!

Posted by Aidy on February 24, 2011 @ 11:08 PM

Great family cycling trails in Castle archdale, approximately 3 miles outside Irvinestown Fermanagh.

Visit the local bike shop Autopart Centre/Wray Cycles for help and advice regarding this.

Posted by David on April 11, 2011 @ 2:37 PM

Seeing these pictures in the article, I began to remember the days when we went cycling miles. Walking on unknown roads and the mountainous areas in rainy days.

Posted by Used Honda City on April 22, 2011 @ 5:49 PM

Really interesting post. I enjoyed reading it. Will return again soon.

Posted by Riverside Criminal Defense Attorney on May 10, 2011 @ 1:10 PM

I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on this topic. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him. So I should thank you for the free lunch I got.